Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Rejected.

Well I got my rejection notice in my email today after a week. I'm honestly not sure why. My only guess is that the actual .app export had issues. I'm still very new to this so I wasn't sure how to test everything but for you other newbies like myself out there. If you drag and drop the .app file that is created from Xcode into itunes it will add it to the app section.

There you can sync your test ipod/ iphone/ ipad and test it out. I don't know if this was the issue but to check things I took the two .app files I had submitted apple and did just this. Put them into itunes and installed through itunes. Neither of them worked. This was strange since it worked though test builds in xcode.

So I'm not sure if it was pathing issues for file locations or what but I rebuilt in Xcode and messed around with the build settings. Also, this could be an issue. I was using the same distribution provision for both apps. So it could have caused a conflict. So basically I went through and made new provisions on the itunes connect site and setup everything I needed. Re-exported the builds and ran the apps through itunes. Both apps work now for me. But I have no idea at this point what will happen on the apple side of things.

What I have learned through this process is that it is a new one. It is a very sloppy and confusing way of doing this that the average person will struggle with. I know I have and I should not be hoping that my game will make it this time. I should be certain. But! To the credit of apple and their app review team. The most likely underpaid and under staffed review team. This time upon submitting my app instead of 7 days it took about 6 to 7 minutes for both versions to go into review. So now I'm waiting simply on review again instead of waiting to go into review. So kudos to apple on that. Their review team is without a doubt pushing as hard as they can. We'll see what it forms into.

  • Test your build over and over again on multiple devices
  • Make sure your Provisions are set up correctly and correspond with your apps bundle info
  • make sure the provisions you are setting up on the itunes connect site are for the app store NOT AdHoc. AdHoc is for private distribution for testing pruposes.
  • Install your app using itunes by draggin and dropping the .app file into itunes itself and syncing your ipod.

No comments:

Post a Comment